Davidson was one of the first communities in the North Mecklenburg area to arrange for curbside recycling. The following items can be recycled:
- Plastic bottles (except #6)
- Wide-mouth plastic containers
- Rigid plastics (toys, buckets, etc...)
- Empty aerosol cans
- Milk and juice cartons, juice boxes
- Aluminum, tin, and steel cans
- Spiral paper cans ( i.e. frozen juice cans)
- Glass jars/bottles (all colors, NO lids)
- Junk mail and mixed paper (office paper, junk mail, envelopes,paper bags, gift boxes, gift wrap, dry food boxes, beer and soda cartons, mail tubes, paper towel rolls, index cards, file folders, paper egg cartons).
- Magazines and catalogs
- Telephone books
- Cereal and food boxes (without liners)
- Paperback books
- Flattened corrugated cardboard (including pizza boxes), not larger than 3 feet by 3 feet
- Certain plastics*- bags, wraps, hangers, food trays
- Light bulbs
- Shredded paper
Mecklenburg County- Recycle Right flyer
Other Recycling & Garbage Options
There is a full service drop-off recycling center on Highway 21, south of Huntersville, that will accept other trash and recyclables. The center is open Monday through Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. You must separate your trash and place it in large metal containers at the recycling center.
Mecklenburg County released fees and information for their solid waste disposal and recycling convenience centers.
Note: Recycled mulch is also available for pick up at the site for a very reasonable cost. Prices are available at the recycling center.