Animal Care & Control


Davidson has a strong animal control program through the Davidson Police Department with support from Charlotte-Mecklenburg Animal Care & Control (CMAC&C).


The Davidson Police Department only handles wild animals if they are injured and/or pose an immediate danger to the public. A permit is required to trap wild animals. Wildlife causing a "nuisance" such as skunks, raccoons, chipmunks, squirrels, bats, etc. can be trapped by private companies. Please search for "Animal Rescue and Removal" in the yellow pages or online for a service near you.

For more information, visit the North Carolina Wildlife Commission website.

Hazards of Feeding Wildlife
Check out the NC Wildlife Resources Commission's Hazards of Feeding Wildlife Brochure to learn more about the hazards.

Animal Control Issues

For animal control issues, please call 704-892-5131.