Guidelines for Nonprofit Agency Funding
Town of Davidson
Fiscal Year 2019-2020
The Town of Davidson, on an annual basis, funds nonprofit agencies that provide needed services to Davidson citizens. To be efficient and fair, we are instituting the following process and general guidelines:
- The Nonprofit Agency funding acceptance period is now open. Applications are due by July 19.
- Fill out the online application and upload the required materials.
- The process for awarding funds is yet to be determined.
- The agencies will be notified regarding funding once they have been approved by the Board of Commissioners.
- Annually, each funded agency will be required to report how the funds were spent by June 30, 2020.
Program Grant Guidelines:
-Nonprofit agencies must meet a public purpose that the town government does not directly provide, but could if facilities and staffing were available. The nonprofit agency must be experienced in delivering that service.
-Nonprofit agencies must have 501(c) 3 status, a volunteer board of directors, and must provide to the town
appropriate accounting measures, in compliance with the Local Government Budget and Fiscal Control Act, to ensure accountability.
-The number of agencies funded can change each year and there is no limit on the number of agencies that can qualify and apply.
Questions should be directed to Parks and Recreation Director Kathryn Spatz at (704)940-9644 or emailed to email@example.com.