Design Review Board
Purpose The Design Review Board (DRB) interprets and enforces the design regulations contained in the Davidson Planning Ordinance. The Board reviews the design of all new commercial, civic/institutional and multifamily construction as well as additional structures as required by the Davidson Planning Ordinance.
- Meets the third Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. All are open to the public.
- Davidson Town Hall Board Room
216 S. Main Street
Davidson, NC 28036
- Town Staff Liaison: Lindsay Laird, Planner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Previously held meetings may be viewed on the Town of Davidson YouTube Channel.
Meeting agendas may be found on the Board of Commissioners & Advisory Board Meeting webpage. Agendas are posted one week prior to the regularly scheduled meeting. Please refer to our Development Projects page for major projects.
Meeting agendas prior to October 16, 2019 may be found on NOVUS Agenda.
- Design Review Board Application: should be utilized for all commercial, civic/institutional and multifamily construction projects, including additions and adaptive reuse. Reference Section 14.12 of the Davidson Planning Ordinance for additional information.
- Application, fee and all required materials, drawings and documentation for new major projects and large-scale renovations must be received four weeks prior to the meeting date. An FYI review is encouraged for all larger projects.
- All required materials, drawings and documents for cases that are continued from previous meetings or presented to the DRB for verification of conditions must be received three weeks prior to the meeting date.
- Application, fee and all required materials, drawings and documentation for signs minor renovations, consent items and informational review only items must be received three weeks prior to the meeting date.
Design Review Fees
Please contact Town staff to verify fees. The Town of Davidson Fee Schedule is located on the Finance and Budget webpage.
The Design Review Board, as appointed by the Board of Commissioners, are residents who have had special training or experience in a design field, such as architecture, landscape architecture, horticulture, planning, historic preservation or a closely related field. The DRB/HPC consists of citizens of the Town of Davidson and from the ETJ.