June is National Safety Month, and since we’re all spending a lot more time in our homes these days, the Davidson Fire Department has put together some important safety tips about smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
Captain Alex Harris has some tips about smoke detectors in this video: click here or on the photo below!
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless poison gas which can be fatal when inhaled. Here are some helpful tips in preventing carbon monoxide exposure in your home:Where does carbon monoxide come from?
What are the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning?Initial symptoms are similar to the flu but without the fever. Symptoms can include dizziness, severe headaches, nausea, sleepiness, fatigue/weakenss, and disorientation/confusion.Do I need a carbon monoxide alarm in my home?